Friday, September 24, 2010

One More Day...

     As we near this Saturdays game against Washington State, I'm more excited for this game than any other. A great week in practice as stated by our leader Lane Kiffin really has me excited to see just how much we have improved since the Minnesota game. I was happy with the Minnesota game, as it showed that not only is TJ McDonald ready to be a leader as a sophomore, but even Jawanza Starling who had a nice INT is attempting to step up. There were a good amount of INT's this week in practice, so it should be interesting to see that if its the secondary that has improved, or Matt Barkley who is struggling. Either way, the secondary has seen a confidence boost the past few days.

        I'm starting to get the nerves I get before every game, no matter who it may be against. Those nerves last through the game, and even if we are up 35-0 with 1 minutes left to play, my nerves stay until I hear the announcers say "Final score here in Los Angeles, USC-35, Washington-0," its the way its always been for me. Trojan football is more then a game for me, it's the thing I love the most. Everyone has that one thing they are passionate for, and mine just happens to be watching USC in a room filled with Trojan memorabilia, a cold Mountain Dew, and some Salt and Vinegar chips. I breathe USC, the University is just one of the greatest in the U.S.A. in not only sports, but academics as well. I often ponder to myself that I am probably the only one to get nervous before the Trojans take the field, but I think to myself, how about the guys who get to go to games every week when i have only been to one my whole life, that must be the life! How cool is it if you're having a touch work week, and you have Saturday to look forward to? Eventually my goal is to fly out to catch a USC game, and go to a WeAreSC meet and greet! Those meet and greets sound like a ton of fun, plus only around 30 bucks for the night? That's a pretty nice deal! Some goals to reach before the age of 19 right? So I raise my Mountain Dew to you, USC. Kick some tail and Fight On!

No comments:

Post a Comment